Watching TV is how I escape and decompress from a busy day/week/life. Give me a new world to delve into and not have to stress about politics or think about work or whatever else is going on. This year had some excellent shows that it was hard to just pick 10! You can see my full list of shows for 2022 right here if you’re really curious what I think about everything.
- The After Party – I wasn’t sure how this show was going to turn out, but I knew I loved a lot of the people in the cast. This was the MOST clever show, give me a murder mystery but make every episode a different genre of movie? I loved it! If you’ve missed this, it might be a great binge with the family (or alone!) over the holidays.
- Bel Air – Having grown up with The Fresh Prince I was curious how this dramatic interpretation would do and I was blown away by how they could take such a light and fun sitcom into a 2022 drama.
- Minx – I almost missed this show and I am so glad that my friend pushed me to make sure and watch. A feminist in the 70’s begins an erotic magazine – sure! A fun holiday binge (but probably not with your parents or kids?)
- Hacks – I love this show so much. I love the characters, I love the relationships, I love it all.
- Ms Marvel – This is the best of the Marvel superhero shows since WandaVision. I loved the comic books when it first came out and the show lived up to it!
- Loot – Maya Rudolph is ALWAYS the right answer, and I am so glad she finally has the sitcom world she deserves. This fills the Ted Lasso hole in my heart.
- A League of Their Own – I still think about these characters and their relationships and how they survived and lived and hid in the world.
- Julia – I have always heard snippets about Julia Childs bio but never really delved into it. This show made me want to read more and learn more about this incredible woman, her friends and family.
- Bad Sisters – I love a murder mystery where you know who’s dead and just watch the story unfold from everyone’s POV each week. These are sisters I want to be friends with and never want to upset.
- White Lotus – I was happy to be back in Tanya McQuiod’s world, even if it was only seven episodes (why isn’t this show longer?!). I would also follow a spinoff of Grandpa Bert farting his way through Italy.
Leave a Reply