The Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl baby! It’s a big day here in Seattle for sports fans young and old, fair weather or die hard. For the next two weeks EVERY conversation in this town will revolve around the Super Bowl. The Team, the players, how horrible San Francisco is. You name it, we’ll be talking about it.
And here’s a secret: I HATE football. Yes I love the Seahawks and am so glad they’re going to the Super Bowl, but I think the reason they did so well is that I didn’t watch a SINGLE game this year. Yes I’ll watch the Super Bowl, but for the same reason I always do: the commercials.
The smart companies in Seattle have been using the Hawks winning streak to their advantage for weeks or months now- and will continue to do so. Here’s the secret- use the power of the 12th Man to your advantage! Here’s a few ideas I’ve already seen or heard of for how you can use the Seahawks to your marketing advantage:
- People wearing Seahawks clothing can board first on Alaska Air flights
- Free coffee for the 12th man at Top Pot Donuts
- Free shipping with Code 12thFAN
- People wearing Seahawks gear can skip the line, or get a free X (appetizer, extra espresso shot, 20% off, etc.)
- 50% off at Papa John’s the day after a Seahawks Win
If you live in the Puget Sound (or Colorado I guess…) in the next few weeks use the power of the Super Bowl to your advantage. Any discount code or promotion you were planning to offer can be tweaked to show your local team pride. You may be surprised who takes advantage of it!