December always has us thinking about the end of the year and what we’re going to do in the coming year. Or it means racing to the finish and you’ll figure out the next year when it gets here.
Either way, I wanted to put a few nuggets into the back of your head to start to consider for 2018…
- Stop Blogging – You hate it and so you don’t do it consistently. What if instead of blogging each week (which means really once or twice a month) you take that content and turn it into a great newsletter each month along with a few other tips and resources?
- Start Blogging – You love to write, you’re frequently sending a long ass email to a potential client about the SAME THING, you might as well put it in a blog post so you can save the time and effort. Start blogging – it’s a great way for potential clients to get to know your voice and your expertise.
- Streamline Your Social Media – Is your target market on Instagram and you’re spending too much time on Twitter? You don’t have to do everything, but whatever you do, you have to do it.
- Build a Relationship Before You Sell – If you have a new product or service or class you’re offering in 2018 I better not hear about it for the first time when you’re asking for my money to buy it. If you have a book coming out in the spring I want to start hearing from you now, along with little teasers of info that I will fall in love with so I’ll gladly buy the book when it comes out. If you have a workshop or group you’re starting next year, start sharing content and resources and teasers of what’s in store. You can’t just sell to me, you have to earn that right by educating me and connecting with me along the way.
- Be Consistent with Your Newsletter – You knew I couldn’t write a blog post without including this! You may know you need a newsletter, but let’s make sure it’s consistent. Please. And again, don’t just sell to me when I hear from you.
What are your 2018 marketing goals? What do you need to do in 2018? Who do you need to setup meetings with NOW so you can start off January with a BANG?
One thing you can do? Grab my Free Marketing Calendar to help give you action items each week!