We got a postcard in the mail today from a John L Scott agent who obviously bought a list of homeowners in our area. It’s an awful postcard with all sorts of issues and assumptions about us. So, I thought I’d take the opportunity to share 5 reasons this postcard sucks and hopefully save you from yourself (or me judging you).
- Spell my husbands name right. On the plus side, the address was hand written, so I didn’t just automatically throw it away. On the downside, he spelled his name wrong. I’ll be gracious this round about how it was only addressed to my husband and not me. I’ll assume it was the list he got and not that he’s stuck in the 50’s.
- I’ve never heard of this guy before- but good news, “We (heart) referrals!” know your audience folks- don’t introduce yourself by asking for a referral, it’s tacky
- “I HAVE SOLD NEARLY 600 HOUSES” is a good stat, but not quoted in all caps. STOP YELLING AT ME!
- There is so much content on this flyer and starbursts and boxes, I have no idea where to start reading and what the point is (okay, I know the point, but let’s just have one please) which should be: I sell houses, I know your neighborhood because I sold a house down the street (at about $75K less than I bought my for, so thanks dude) so if you don’t know any other real estate agents, you should call me.
- Your headshot (okay full body shot) makes you look like a used cars salesman. Just sayin. (also, maybe I just had 4 reasons…)
Leave a Reply