I’ve had a lot of conversations lately about getting SYSTEMS into place. The hardest part about running a small business is being consistent because you’re doing all the things. I got an email this morning from a friend that they need a strategy and system for their newsletters. I had a conversation last week with a speaker who needs to put follow up systems in place so that those warm leads in the room get followed up with before they are on to the next speaker pitch.
I wrote about this in my newsletter this month too. You need systems in place to be successful. Why isn’t your business growing? Because you got busy and forgot to circle back. One quick follow up isn’t going to do the trick, it takes at least 4 interactions to get the sale and often time closer to 10-12.
What Systems are you Lacking?
- A monthly schedule for your newsletter so you know when it’s going out
- A template for your follow up email so it’s ready to go before your big speech
- A social media schedule so you aren’t wasting time online (unless you want to!)
- Blog categories & schedules so you know what you’re going to write about each week (yes week!)
- A professionally done video instead of doing demo webinars every week
What do you need to do to get these systems in place?
- If you need to talk it through, that’s what I’m here for
- If you have a virtual assistant who can manage it, add it to their list
- Assign 1 blog post a month to 4 employees – BOOM
- Outsource inside your team
- Outsource outside your team
- Leave the things you don’t like to those who do like it (God Bless Accountants!)
Stop talking about it. Get your systems in place.